[Openplm_user] Install server - 'rebuild_index' error

Pierre Cosquer pcosquer at linobject.com
Fri Nov 4 17:05:12 CET 2011

Le Fri, 04 Nov 2011 16:15:31 +0100,
"P. Joulaud" <pjoulaud at linobject.com> a écrit :

> Hello everybody,

Hi Philippe,

> I'm installing a new openPLM server following instructions.
> And I have an issue. The shell returns :
>         $ ./manage.py rebuild_index
>         Unknown command: 'rebuild_index'
>         Type 'manage.py help' for usage.
>
> I tried :
>         $ ./manage.py help
> And I can't find rebuild_index nor anything with index in it.
>
> Do you have any idea how to solve this problem ?

Make sure django-haystack (version 1.2) is installed (the command
rebuild_index comes from this application) and is in your python path.

You can test if haystack is installed by running the following command.
$ python -c "from haystack import backend"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/haystack/__init__.py",
line 26, in <module> raise ImproperlyConfigured("You must define the
HAYSTACK_SITECONF setting before using the search framework.")
django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: You must define the
HAYSTACK_SITECONF setting before using the search framework.

If it complains about HAYSTACK_SITECONF, haystack is installed.

Regards,
Pierre