[Openplm_user] OpenPLM and ECN

Pierre Cosquer pcosquer at linobject.com
Tue Aug 6 18:20:31 CEST 2013

Le Mon, 5 Aug 2013 20:21:17 -0300,
Hamilton Vera <hamilton.listas at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Does OpenPLM implements something like ECN Engineering Change Notice ?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineering_Change_Notice
>
> I mean, I have one BOM with the following item:
>
> BOM-1
>
> Someone updates the BOM-1
> 1
> 2
>
> Can I keep tracking of these changes in a atomic way? Like diff in
> linux.
>
> Can these changes be submitted to a moderator approval group?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Hamilton Vera

Hi,

OpenPLM has Engineering Change Requests:
http://openplm.org/docs/dev/en/admin/applications/ecr/index.html

An ECR has a name, a description and a specific lifecycle. It can be
attached to several parts and documents.

It is also possible to compare a BOM at two different dates:
http://electronics.openplm.org/object/Hardware/PART_00033/a/BOM-child/diff/?date_0=2013-07-25&date_1=18%3A21%3A00&date2_0=2013-08-06&date2_1=18%3A21%3A00&level=first&state=all&compact=on

Unfortunately it is not possible to edit a BOM and to produce a reusable
diff file.
A workaround would be to:
 1. create an ECR
 2. describe the changes (as text)
 3. approve the ECR
 4. edit manually the BOM

If the BOM is official, you can create a new revision but
comparing two revisions is not implemented.

You may also clone a part (the button is on the attributes page).

Regards,

Pierre Cosquer